This crustless salmon quiche is an easy low carb dish full of flavour. With spinach, dill and Parmesan they make a great low carb lunch for Spring or Summer.
Baked in under 30 minutes, this is a quick recipe with just a handful of ingredients. Simple, easy and full of flavour. No crust means lower carbs too!
Is a crustless quiche a frittata?
Although a quiche traditionally has a pastry crust, this is not a frittata but still holds it's title of quiche. This is because a quiche has a custard filling, being beaten eggs with cream. A frittata is beaten eggs.
How to make a crustless salmon quiche
Although you could bake this in a large quiche tin, I made 6 smaller quiches using 4 inch silicon cases. I wanted smaller individual quiches for the Chief Taster's packed lunch rather than slices from a large quiche.
For the salmon I used cooked salmon fillets that I had left over. Smoked salmon or even tinned salmon could work just as well.
The spinach was defrosted as I wanted to make this a quick recipe. Fresh spinach can be used too. Or even cooked kale.
Making a crustless quiche is a simple as beating eggs with cream. Adding your fillings into a quiche case, pour the egg mixture in, add any seasonings or cheese and bake!
More Low Carb Salmon Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Crustless Salmon Quiche
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup spinach defrosted
- 3.5 oz salmon cooked
- 2 tablespoons dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 medium eggs
- ½ cup cream heavy
- ¼ cup Parmesan shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions for 3-4 minutes until they are soft.
- Add the spinach, salmon, dill and garlic powder. Gently mix and remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Spoon the salmon spinach mixture into 6 4 inch quiche cases (or one large 8 inch tin).
- Pour the egg mixture over the filling
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until firm.
- Enjoy warm or cold.