All the delicious taste of jalapeno poppers in a creamy cauliflower casserole make this a hearty and delicious low carb side dish.
Creamy mashed cauliflower is baked with cheese and jalapeno peppers for a comfort keto side dish. You could add chopped green onions or bacon to this for extra flavour and texture. Add other cheeses for your own taste such as Parmesan or Pepper Jack cheese. Take this cauliflower jalapeno popper casserole and tweak it to make it your own!
I served this cauliflower jalapeno popper casserole in a large baking dish but if you are having a dinner party, baked this in small ramekins for a personal side dish. Just like my cheesy cauliflower bake, this is a simple low carb cauliflower dish that can be tailored to your own needs.
This cauliflower casserole could be made ahead and then popped into the oven when you are ready to bake. Or bake it and just reheat it when you are ready to serve. It’s also delicious for breakfast the next day!
OTHER CAULIFLOWER DISHES TO TRY
Cauliflower Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 4 jalapeno peppers, 3 chopped 1 sliced for topping
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, grated for topping
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and boil or steam until slightly soft.
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a bowl and add the butter.
- Mash with a fork.
- Add the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese and jalapeno pepper. Stir into the mashed cauliflower and season with the salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and smooth evenly.
- Top with the sliced jalapenos and scatter the Mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 180C/350F degrees for 25 minutes until golden.