A cheesy cauliflower bake that is very easy to make. You could eat it as a side but I enjoy a serving with a side of salad for lunch.
This cauliflower bake is like eating a baked potato with cheese but without the high carb potato. The texture is smooth and cheesy. For us vegetarians, it makes a great main dish. For you meat eaters, you will enjoy this as a side in replacement to potato.
I have baked this cauliflower bake in a big baking dish as a side to share and also in smaller dishes. I personally like the smaller dishes as they look nicer as an individual side dish or as a vegetarian main.
Think of this cauliflower bake recipe as a basic recipe for you to play around with. I used Cheddar cheese, but an addition of Parmesan cheese would be delicious. As with the seasonings. I have kept it basic as I was going for a cheese and onion dish. However, some garlic powder or cayenne pepper would give this cauliflower bake a delicious lift.
I can also confirm that this cauliflower bake is delicious cold the next day. That’s probably more of an insight into my morning hunger and images of me in my PJ’s with a spoon and a growling stomach. You could heat up a couple of tablespoons of the cauliflower bake in a frying pan with your morning eggs, like a hash brown. Or eat some cold with a spoon, whilst talking to your cat like I did.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 1 Cauliflower cut into florets
- 150 ml Sour cream
- 225 grams Cheddar cheese grated
- 4 Spring onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven tPreheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.o 180C/350F degrees.
- Cook the cauliflower in a saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for 10-12 minute until slightly soft. Drain.
- Mash the cauliflower, add the cream, spring onions and half the cheese
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture into a shallow casserole dish, top with the remaining cheese and cook for 35 minutes, until the top is crisp and brown.
- Eat and enjoy!