Kale cauliflower tots are a great side dish or even a healthy snack. Sneak some kale into your food today!
I love cauliflower tots and thought of adding kale to them as a way of using up the kale I had bought. The kale is not too overpowering with flavour making this an enjoyable way to eat it for those of you who are not too keen on kale. The Parmesan cheese helps too.
I made this kale cauliflower tots recipe all in the frying pan. No bowls are required, and it also saves on the washing up. When you don’t have a dishwasher, you start to make cooking choices rather than use every bowl in the cupboard.
You could add spices to the Parmesan cheese that the croquettes are rolled in to up the flavour. Perhaps some cayenne pepper? Or extra garlic powder if you don’t have a date that night! Without any additional spices these are still delicious.
These kale cauliflower tots can be a side dish or a snack. They would make a great kiddie snack, especially if you roll the cauliflower tots to a small size. Server with a dip and enjoy! I ate some of mine as snack with a serving of low carb Marinara sauce.
KETO CAULIFLOWER TOTS
The kale cauliflower tots keep well in the fridge once they are cooked too. I couldn’t eat them all in one sitting so there was the rare occurrence of left overs. (You can tell that the Chief Taster is not at home. Left overs are a rarity with him). I can confirm that they made a delicious snack the next day. I also took a couple of them for breakfast and heated them up in my pan, slightly squashing them so they looked a bit like a hash brown. Served with eggs they were a welcome treat to the morning.
OTHER CAULIFLOWER RECIPES TO SNACK ON:
- 2 cups (134g) Kale, chopped
- 1 Cauliflower head
- 2 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 3/4 cup (75g) Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and rice using a food processor (or grate the cauliflower).
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the cauliflower for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook until the kale is soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the ½ cup (50g) of the Parmesan cheese, beaten egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Place the remaining Parmesan cheese on a plate.
- With your hands (clean and slightly damp) make the croquette shapes by hand.
- Roll the croquettes into the plated Parmesan to give them a coating.
- Place the croquettes onto parchment/baking paper and put into the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400 degrees
- Bake the croquettes for 25 minutes, turning over halfway through so that they are evenly brown.
- Eat and enjoy!