A Keto bread that will keep you going all morning with its high fibre content. It is delicious sliced and toasted for breakfast.
This low carb and gluten free bread is made primarily with flaxseed flour, with the addition of coconut flour and almond flour. It takes a slight edge off the flaxseed taste for those of you who are not too fond of it. The psyllium husk powder helps to give the bread a more dough like consistency.
The beauty of this bread recipe is that it is just so easy to make. It’s as simple as add, mix and bake! Then slice warm and enjoy.
How to make keto bread
If you want the bread to be extra fluffy, you could separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the mixture. I was throwing caution to the wind that day, and just used the eggs whole. I didn’t find the bread too heavy either. More like a wholemeal loaf.
I kept this bread in the fridge, wrapped up in some parchment paper so it didn’t dry out. It was just as delicious the next day. I enjoyed slices of the bread toasted with a couple of eggs in the morning. As well as being delicious, I found the keto bread to be very filling.
WATCH THE KETO BREAD RECIPE VIDEO
More low carb breads to bake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a bread tin.
- Mix the flaxseed, coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium husk power, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the eggs to the dry mixture and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the oil to the flour mixture and stir.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and more mixing!
- Finally, add the boiling water and stir well until you have a dough like consistency.
- Spoon into a parchment paper lined loaf tin (I used an 8inch tin) and bake for 40-45 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
[amazon_link asins='B00DOKFLYI,B000YF99GM,B00OZQF0CS,B002RWUNYM,B001ID6MIC,B0026RHI5K' template='ProductCarousel' store='divaliciou04c-20' marketplace='US' link_id='c6160767-975b-11e7-9483-4bc86e821ac1']