Together, coconut and almond flour produce a delicious low carb and gluten free bread. I've added flaxseed in for good measure and to make it more like a wholemeal loaf.
This is the best low carb and gluten free bread so far! I found this recipe and tweaked it a bit with flaxseed but oh my...the best alternative to bread so far! We enjoy it toasted and as it is so dense in nuts and fibre you only need a couple of slices toasted to keep you going for hours. This is like a nice wholemeal bread and just so tasty!
I love this gluten free bread as it has two of my favourites, almond flour and coconut flour...add my other favourite, flaxseed and you have a high fibre, low carb, gluten free piece of bread! The best thing about alternative bread recipes to the gluten laden ones sold in supermarkets, is that this is a simple bread to make. No kneading, no waiting to rise..just mix, bake and eat! Keep this in the fridge though..it will keep about 3-4 days.
Coconut & Almond Flour Bread
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F degrees
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cool. Then add the apple cider vinegar and sugar substitute. Stir until blended.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl until frothy.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and keep whisking.
- Add the butter and water. Blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a 1lb greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden, firm and firm.
- Cool, slice, eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.