A quick keto bread is used to make this delicious low carb grilled cheese sandwich with all the taste of a pizza. It makes a delicious meal any time of the day without the guilt.
I have been making this microwave keto bread for many years and it’s now renamed as 90 second bread since it just takes 90 seconds in the microwave. I’ve often used this quick low carb bread recipe as a fast pizza base for when we are hungry, but I don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
As I usually enjoy this bread for a grilled cheese, I thought I would add a few pizza flavours to combine the taste of a pizza but in a low carb grilled cheese sandwich. Make sure the marinara sauce is low carb and not full of sugars. You are best off making your own sauce but check the store-bought label if you purchase a ready-made jar.
I had found a cute bread shaped container in a supermarket and thought it would be cute for a grilled cheese recipe. Originally, it’s meant to be sandwich container box but since it is microwavable it hosts my keto bread making.
I prefer coconut flour for the 90 second keto bread but you could use almond flour. Reduce the eggs and increase the flour though as you can’t swap coconut flour and almond flour for the same measurements. Try both and see which one you prefer.
You can also make a grilled cheese in an airfryer.
More low carb pizza recipes
WATCH THE VIDEO
I keep this pizza grilled cheese sandwich simple, just with sauce, mozzarella and basil, but you may want to add your own spin to it. A slice of ham or some fried mushrooms perhaps? Either way, it makes a hearty breakfast or lunch!
Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter unsalted
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Marinara sauce low carb
- 1 slice Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Melt the butter and pour into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and water and mix.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Mix until smooth
- Pour into a container
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the container, and when cool enough to handle slice in half so you have two slices.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan and gently fry the two slices for about 1 minute until lightly golden.
- Flip the slices over, spoon the marinara sauce on one side, scatter the basil over the marinara sauce and place the mozzarella cheese slice on the other side.
- Flip one slice over on top of the other and gently press the slices together. Cook on one side for a minute, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot.
what would the conversion ratio be using almond flour?
I'd double it.
Don't use microwaves. Would it work in my oven?
I've not tried it but can't see why not as the ingredients match other low carb bread recipes, just in a smaller quantity.
MMMM,what if I dont use mold.what else can i do with for shape??/?
I used to use a rectangle tupperware box before I found this. Any shape will do really, it's just that this box is rather cute. You could use a square shape too. Just make sure it's microwave friendly!
Where can I buy that bread-shaped microwavable dish? 🙂
You could try Amazon as I've seen a few there.
I'll do it for sure.
Congrats for updating your YouTube channel ??