This easy crustless quiche is full of asparagus, artichokes and goat’s cheese. It’s simple to make and a delicious lunch or brunch.
The combination of asparagus and artichokes gives this crustless quiche a lovely taste of summer. Ideal for a picnic or an addition of a BBQ. The goat’s cheese is a strong flavour, but you could use a softer flavoured cheese, such as brie instead.
Enjoy this crustless asparagus quiche warm, straight from the oven or cooled on a flower filled meadow on a picnic blanket.
A crustless quiche makes a great low carb dish and and you won’t even miss a crust with this delicious flavour combination.
Cook the asparagus before adding to the quiche!
This will help enhance the flavour of the asparagus and eating raw vegetables in a quiche is not very desirable. Par-boil the asparagus or you could even stir fry it. The asparagus needs to be slightly soft but not too mushy.
Other Asparagus Recipes
Roasted Asparagus Red Pepper Frittata
Crustless Asparagus, Artichoke & Goats Cheese Quiche
- 12 stalks asparagus
- 105 ml artichokes, chopped in jar
- 85 grams goats cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream heavy/whipped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Grease a pie dish
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, with a piece much larger than the tin, so that the sides are covered.
- Place the asparagus in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and season.
- Place the asparagus and artichokes in the pie dish
- Crumble in the goat's cheese.
- Pour in the egg mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
What is the tin for please? I think I missed something.
It's what I baked the quiche in.
HI ! Why does it need so many eggs ?! 8 eggs, that sounds a lot to me, have you ever tried with less eggs, and if you have, then how was the outcome ?
I like a thick quiche, so used a lot of eggs. You could try it with less eggs for a slightly thinner quiche.
how big a bunch of asparagus? Say - how many stalks? Costco bunches could fill a bread pan....
LOL! I was using a bunch from my supermarket which had about 8 stalks in it.
What dimensions should the tin be? 9x9? 9x13?
I used a 9 x 9 tin.