An asparagus risotto made with cauliflower rice is a quick and easy low carb dish to make. It’s a great grain free alternative too.
The touch of lemon brings this dish together. I was afraid that the asparagus risotto might be a bit bland, so I squirted some lemon juice in and voila! It was a very special lemon too. My very last one until someone brings a few into St Lucia for me.
This is a dish that will be forever in my memory of eating. It was a Sunday and I was having a weekly cook off before the Chief Taster went off on his travels for work. As I was taste testing this, my taste buds screamed “I’m alive!”. That’s what happens when you spend a week just eating eggs with the odd salad. When you cook something delicious your body will go into shock. Your stomach screams, “keep it coming” and before you know it the whole dish has disappeared. Then you spend the rest of the day moaning about how full you are.
The beauty of using cauliflower rice to make a risotto is that it is so quick and easy to make. No constant stirring, and a delicious asparagus risotto can be served to the table in under 30 minutes.
I would advice you add the vegetable (or chicken) stock a bit at a time as you don’t want to flood the cauliflower rice and be left with something that more resembles a soup rather than a risotto. Add more cheese to your own tastes too. You can never have enough cheese!
More cauliflower rice risotto recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- 1 Cauliflower, medium Riced/grated
- 20 Asparagus stalks
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ Cup Vegetable or Chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Cream Heavy
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon rind
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Steam or boil the asparagus for 5 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the heat and set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the spring onion and gently saute for about 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the cauliflower rice and toss to coat in the oil.
- Add the vegetable stock, simmer on a gentle heat for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the asparagus, cream, lemon juice, lemon rind and Parmesan cheese, stir well and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.