Coconut chocolate chip cookies baked with coconut flour make a delicious chewy cookie. Full of fibre and taste, they make a great treat.
These cookies are better cold than straight of the oven which is unusual for a cookie in my book! These coconut chocolate chip cookies are definitely for coconut lovers and gives you a lovely low carb, gluten free cookie full of coconut goodness. These cookies are great for a Paleo diet too!
If you can’t get high cocoa solid chocolate chips then simply chop up a chocolate bar. It explains the large chunky chips in the photos. When I sent a photo of these coconut chocolate chip cookies to the Chief Taster he thought that they were full of blueberries, not chocolate. They do look a bit more like currents but he’s now given me an idea of a blueberry cookie.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
One thing to point out is that these cookies do not spread out whilst cooking so you need to make them into cookie shapes when placing them onto the baking tray. I roll then out into balls, then press down with a damp palm to flatten them out.
- 1 cup (112g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (113g) Butter, softened unsalted
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or other sweetener
- 1 cup (100g) Desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75 grams dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Mix the butter, erythritol, vanilla, eggs and salt. Blend well.
- Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut and chocolate chips
- Form into cookie shapes and place onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
- Cool, eat and enjoy!