These keto cinnamon sticks are just so moreish that you will not be able to stop at one! Or maybe I was extra hungry after smelling the cooking as the scent of cinnamon cooking is one of my favourite smells.
I used my beloved coconut flour and a dash of psyllium husk powder to give this recipe a dough like mixture as well as being low carb and gluten free. I am yet to try this with almond flour and would think that it should work just as good but just reduce the water as 1 cup may be too much.
Low Carb Cinnamon Sticks
As ever when making a dough with psyllium husk powder add the water a bit at a time as varieties of coconut flour and psyllium husk powder do vary. You may not need as much I as used.
If you want a cinnamon dessert made out of Fathead dough then try a delicious keto cinnamon roll. These also use coconut flour and taste divine. Breakfast is great with cinnamon, whether it be a keto cinnamon roll or keto cinnamon sticks.
There is something about the cream cheese topping that just goes so perfectly with the cinnamon sticks too. If you have any left over, put it in a dish and dip the breadsticks in. You will not be dissapointed!
OTHER CINNAMON RECIPES TO ENJOY
Keto Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted melted
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon erythritol powdered
- 1 teaspoon water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and psyllium powder in a bowl and combine well.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons erythritol and the egg. Mix thoroughly until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the boiling water a bit at a time, stirring thoroughly until you have a dough. (You may not need all the water)
- Cut the dough into eight pieces. Take one of the pieces and roll out into a 6 inch log.
- Mix 2 tablespoons erythritol, 2 tablespoons butter and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dip the breadsticks into the butter mixture and coat well on both sides.
- Place the breadsticks on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning over after 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Blend the cream cheese, ground erythritol together with the water, adding any more if needed for the topping. Drizzle this over the breadsticks.
- Eat and enjoy!