These low carb bagels are flavoured with cinnamon and are a sweet way to start the day. Slather them with cream cheese when they are still warm.
As we enjoy the jalapeno bagels which are made with Fathead dough, I wanted to make sweet low carb bagels in contrast to the spicy ones. I love cinnamon bagels, so it was an easy choice to make. Not only does the addition of cinnamon give the bagel a slight sweet taste, they smell delicious when baking. As does most cinnamon baked goods.
I recommend that you enjoy these warm, split and smothered with cream cheese. I had one from the oven and it look will power not to polish off the rest of the batch. We also enjoyed them cold but preferred them warm and heated them in the microwave the next day. As with most Fathead dough recipes, they will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
A donut tin was used to keep the bagel shape. If you don’t have one, roll them out by hand and expect a more chunkier bagel shape. Another tip I would offer is when they are cooked and still warm, dip them in melted butter and cinnamon for a cinnamon glaze.
Other Bagel Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, cinnamon, erythritol and baking powder together
- In another bowl add the mozzarella and cream cheese.
- Cook the mozzarella in the microwave for 2 minutes, stopping after 1 minute to give it a gentle stir (you’ll end up with crispy bits around the bowl otherwise).
- Remove and stir, then add in the almond flour mixture.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir well until the dough is combined
- Break the dough up into 6 pieces and roll out the pieces to make into a bagel shape OR use a donut tray to place the dough in. (I find this easier to keep them neater).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, keeping an eye on them that they bake until golden.
- Serve best warm, split and with cream cheese
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.