This chocolate pecan torte has no flour but still is a very light and moist cake. It is gluten free and the carbs are low too with the use of pecan nuts.
Many nuts and seeds are relatively low in net carbs (total carbs less dietary fibre) and are a good source of nutition of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and phytochemicals. I do not use sugar either so the use of erythritol which is a natural sugar replacement keeps the nasty sugars and carbs down too! So Diva’s, we have a low carb, gluten free chocolate cake full of nutrition! Go on, have another piece, it’s good for you! You CAN have your cake and eat it! Woo hoo!
First, make sure you bake the pecans for about 10-15 minutes. Seriously, this brings our the taste of the nuts and makes them so delicious! They need to be lightly toasted before you grind them into a flour. I’ve tried both ways and lightly toasted is the way to go! All pecan nuts should be sold in this format!
Prepare the Pecans
To grind the pecans, simply put them in a food processor and blitz until ground. Just be careful that you don’t over do it otherwise you will be left with a nut butter.
You could double the mixture and bake two cakes, then sandwich them together with a chocolate cream. Slather the top with more topping, sprinkle some chopped pecans and voila! You have a show stopper!
Other Pecan Recipes
Chocolate Pecan Torte
- 1/2 cup Butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 4 Eggs separated
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 1 cup Pecans finely ground
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the cocoa powder. Leave to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks until pale then add the erythritol.
- Add the cocoa mixture and the ground pecans. Mix well.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak. Gently fold in the cocoa mixture.
- Pour into a greased cake tin and bake for 18-22 minutes until the top is firm.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $9.99Was: $11.22