These rich and nutty chocolate pecan brownies are a great low carb brownie. Baked with coconut flour, this brownie recipe is also gluten free, sugar free and keto friendly.
Most of my brownie recipes don’t have nuts in them because the husband is not a fan, but it was high time I made a chocolate and nut recipe. So, I reached for my pecans and got baking. The result was a rich, chocolate fudge like brownie that is moist and full of crunchy pecans.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIES
The chocolate: should be sugar free and high cocoa solids. I try to find chocolate with at least 75% cocoa solids. Higher can be an acquired taste (I like higher but the husband squeals once I hit 90% cocoa solids). For an extra chocolate boost I like to use both chocolate and cocoa powder in my brownies. Sometimes I will throw in chocolate chips to the brownie batter too. All low sugar free too!
The flour: Coconut flour is used to make these chocolate pecan brownies, but you could replace it with almond flour. I would recommend that you use at least a cup (112g) almond flour. The brownie texture will still have a delicious fudge like consistency.
The sweetener: I used erythritol and prefer to use it powdered so that it blends well with the other ingredients and has less of a crystalized texture. I either purchase a bag of powdered or just run granular through my coffee grinder. Monkfruit sweetener is another great low carb sweetener to use too. Xylitol is good but please be careful with it if you have animals as it is highly toxic to them. I used to use it a lot as it’s the only sweetener I could purchase directly here but now that I have dogs, it is not allowed in our house.
The pecans: When I use pecans, I always toast them as I find that it brings out their flavor. You can toast pecans in a dry frying pan or bake them in the oven. If you don’t have pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts would be a great substitute.
I served my low carb chocolate pecan brownies with a drizzle of melted sugar free chocolate and more chopped pecans on top. After taste testing a brownie or two, I took them to my midweek art class where they were devoured with glee!
OTHER LOW CARB BROWNIE RECIPES TO TRY:
Low Carb Chocolate Pecan Brownie
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 4 oz chocolate chips sugar free/high cocoa solids
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup erythritol low carb sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Line a 9 inch square tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together, either in a microwave or in a Bain Marie
- Add the erythritol, eggs and vanilla and beat well
- Add the cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt and baking powder and stir until combined
- Mix in half of the pecans and stir until combined
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin
- Scatter with remaining pecans
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until firm.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! You do not pay any more. Thank you for your support! Please read my disclosure policy for more info.