Chocolate marzipan Easter eggs make a delicious treat for the holidays. A sugar free marzipan is shaped into eggs, dipped in low carb friendly chocolate and then decorated.
This is an easy recipe and a fun way of using marzipan. Although this recipe covers them in chocolate you could colour the marzipan, then shape them into eggs for an Easter treat or cake decoration.
How to make marzipan Easter eggs
First you need to know how to make marzipan! Follow my recipe for sugar free marzipan and you are half way there. I used half the recipe and it made a lot of eggs.
Tear small balls off the marzipan block and shape them into eggs. I will confess that I had an egg infront of me for guidance as I tweaked the shapes.
You could keep the marzipan eggs as a whole egg and dip in chocolate, but I chose to cut the egg shapes in half purely because it would be easier to cover in chocolate and decorate.
Keep them plain or have fun decorating them. The eggs in the photos were decorated with a cream cheese icing. I blended softened cream cheese with a powdered low carb and a dash of cream to make the mixture smooth. The mixture was then piped over the chocolate marzipan eggs.
More Easter keto recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Chocolate Marzipan Easter Eggs
- Roll a walnut sized ball of marzipan and shape it into an egg.
- Cut in half lengthways or keep whole.
- Melt the chocolate in a Bain Marie over a medium heat and stir until it has melted and is lump free.
- Using a fork, dip the marzipan egg (or egg halves) into the chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Place all the chocolate covered eggs in the fridge to firm.
- Decorate or leave plain.