Cheesecake keto Easter eggs are an easy Easter dessert! Sugar free chocolate easter egg shells are filled with a creamy cheesecake with a dollop of lemon curd for the finishing touch.
These keto Easter eggs are a great low carb and gluten-free alternative to a Creme Egg. The spoonful of lemon curd gives the egg a refreshing taste and breaks up the sweet flavour.
What you need to make these
For the chocolate egg shells we used a chocolate with high cocoa solids (which has less sugar) and melted it. A good brand to use is Lily's. Silicone egg molds were then brushed with the melted chocolate, placed in the freezer for 10 minutes, and brushed again with chocolate for a thicker layer of chocolate
How to make cheesecake filled keto Easter eggs
The beauty of this recipe is how easy it is to make! Once you have your chocolate shells you make the cheesecake mixture, fill them and dollop some sugar free lemon curd on it.
When making the cheesecake filling you need to make sure it is thick and creamy. You want it to hold well in the chocolate egg shell.
The chocolate egg shells should be thick so that they don't break when you are handling them. Two or three chocolate layers should be used.
Use other fillings in place of the cheesecake or give the cheesecake mixture a different flavour such as peanut butter. Sugar free chocolate or strawberry mousse would be another great filling.
If you don't have silicone egg molds, you could use small balloons to make the chocolate cases. Blow up the balloons into a small shape (try for an egg shape) then dip into the melted chocolate and place on a parchment paper baking tray. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set and repeat the dipping of the chocolate.
Make your own sugar-free chocolate with coconut oil, cocoa powder and sweetener.
How to Store
Once filled, keep the chocolate eggs in the refrigerator in a sealed container. They will last up to a week so can be made ahead of the holidays.
More keto Easter desserts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Cheesecake Keto Easter Eggs
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips sugar free
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cream heavy/whipping
- 1 tablespoon allulose or other low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 teaspoon lemon curd homemade sugar free
Make the chocolate egg shells
- In a bain marie, heat the chocolate chips on a pan of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and using a pastry brush, brush the inside of the silicone egg molds with the melted chocolate. Cover it well and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm.
- Repeat the chocolate layer for 2 or 3 times until you have a firm egg shell.
Make the cheesecake mixture
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cream, vanilla and allulose and continue to whisk until the mixture is firm and smooth.
Assemble the eggs
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the chocolate shells and smooth evenly.
- Add a small spoonful of the lemon curd on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Chill until you are ready to serve.