This chocolate chia pudding is flavoured with coconut and raspberries for a hearty, healthy low carb and gluten free breakfast.
Enjoy a chocolate pudding for breakfast with this great chia pudding. The chocolate and raspberry flavour combination is delicious and the desiccated coconut gives this chocolate chia pudding a great texture. Coconut also pairs well with both chocolate and raspberry. A trio of flavour for a breakfast of champions!
Chia Seed Health Benefits
Chia seeds are gluten and grain free but one tablespoon of the little seeds has more calcium than a glass of milk. More Omega 3 than Salmon and more antioxidants than blueberries! They give you energy and are also great for weight loss as they absorb about 12 times their size in liquid. So will expand and keep you full as well as being nutritious. They also keep your blood sugar levels at a sensible level. They are one of the most versatile superfoods.
I wanted to start incorporating these little power seeds into my diet and now have a pudding for breakfast! Who would have thought the phrase breakfast pudding was healthy?! The great thing about this is that it is very filling and will keep you full. Just make sure you drink plenty of water as they are high in fibre and absorb a lot of water.
Chocolate Chia Pudding Tips
- Add the chia seeds gradually and stir well to ensure that the chia seeds do not clump together.
- If the pudding is too thick for you, add more coconut milk (or even almond milk) until you reach the pudding consistency you want.
- Serve with a scattering of coconut and fresh raspberries. Cacao nibs would make a crunchy addition too.
The best thing about chia puddings is that you throw the ingredients in a jar, shake them to mix, leave in the fridge overnight and voila! An easy breakfast or tasty pudding on the go.
Other Chia Seed Recipes
Chocolate, Coconut & Raspberry Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup coconut milk tinned
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon erythritol powdered
- Place all ingredients into a jar with a lid
- Shake well until mixed.
- Place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- Eat and enjoy!
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.