Flaxseed crackers with chia seeds that are flavoured with thyme and Parmesan cheese. A tasty and crisp cracker.
Although I usually make plain ground flaxseed crackers, I thought that I would play around with the recipe and add some more flavours and textures. You could omit the Parmesan to keep these vegan if you wished.
Flaxseed is a great high fibre and low carb ingredient and I use the ground version like a flour. I baked these for 30 minutes and they were fairly firm. If you wanted them extra crisp, bake for longer but keep your eye on them so they don't burn. Delicious with dips or by themselves for a snack. Healthy low carb goodness!
Other low carb cracker recipes
Flaxseed Chia Crackers with Thyme & Parmesan
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan grated
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and combine thoroughly.
- Add the water and stir until you have a dough.
- Place the dough on the greaseproof lined baking tray.
- Use another sheet of greaseproof paper and place on top of the dough. Place your rolling-pin on this paper and roll out the dough to fit the baking tray.
- Remove the top layer of greaseproof paper and score the dough with a knife, into squares. This will make it easier to cut the cooked mixture into crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes until firm and slightly golden.
- Cut into squares.
- Eat and enjoy!