This easy feta baked chicken has the addition of sweet red peppers to make a tasty low carb and gluten free dinner. It's so simple but packed full of flavour and colour.
Although I have a stuffed a chicken breast with feta, this time I baked the chicken with the Feta cheese on top. The chicken breast is smothered with seasoned feta and red pepper which keeps the chicken breast moist and tender. As simple, no fuss, chicken dish the family will love.
Well, this was a first! In my many, many years of cooking for the Chief Taster I have never received this applause. And believe me, I have cooked up some amazing dishes (he is so spoilt!). I baked this for him on a Sunday, and he had this on a Monday (he heated it up). I received a text excitedly describing the joys of this dish and how he could eat it again. It must be good! This is an easy dish to make and I suspect that it is the Feta cheese that brings the dish together. It is now a regular on our weekly menu at the Chief Taster's request, until he moves onto another favourite chicken recipe.
This is very easy to make, and by the review of the Chief Taster, yummy to eat! Oh the joys of easy baking! So much better than any ready meal and you know where the ingredients have come from! How people eat these ready heat up/microwave meals is a mystery to me....so much better to cook your own! Cooking from natural ingredients does not have to take ages, can be fun and more importantly...delicious!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED CHICKEN
This easy baked chicken recipe goes well with a simple green salad. To keep the flavours of summer going with this baked chicken dish serve with a side of patatas bravas, roasted asparagus and feta lemon coleslaw.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES TO ENJOY
Chicken Baked with Feta & Red Pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts no bone/skin
- ¾ cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup Red pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dried parsley
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with half the lemon juice.
- Mix the Feta Cheese, red pepper and herbs in a bowl
- Sprinkle the cheese and pepper mixture over the chicken.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the remaining lemon juice over the chicken.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy (and perhaps enjoy a text from your husband raving about how tasty this is!)