This healthy chicken recipe is easy, colourful and a flavour filled kebab. A bright and fresh low carb recipe that is full of Mediterranean flavours.
These chicken kebabs are perfect for summer and can be made ahead before a BBQ gathering. The Chief Taster enjoyed these all to himself and had the remaining chicken kebabs for lunch the next day. I took the pieces of chicken and vegetables off the skewers and added them to a salad with a light dressing. Two meals from one recipe is always a bonus.
Easy & Healthy Grilled Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Chunks of boneless chicken are marinated in a Mediterranean herb mixture with lemon juice. They are grilled on skewers with chunks of colourful low carb vegetables for an easy summer dish. Cook on the BBQ or under the grill.
I did not use an onion as I wanted to cut down on the carbs for this healthy chicken recipe but feel free to add chunks of red onion for an extra flavour and colour.
Mediterranean Chicken Kebab Marinade
The beauty of this recipe is the simplicity of the marinade. It’s simply a selection of Greek herbs with lemon juice and olive oil. Oregano, basil and thyme all work well and although I used dried herbs, fresh would be just as delicious. Make sure the olive oil is of a decent quality as it will add to the flavour.
If you didn’t want to make kebabs you could use this marinade on chicken wings for another delicious low carb and healthy chicken recipe.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Kebabs
- 2 chicken breasts skinless & boneless
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 1 tablespoon oregano dried
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- ½ teaspoon thyme` dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the chicken into even chunks
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the chicken into a zip-lock bag or a container. Add the chicken, give the container/bag a good shake, ensuring that the marinade is covering all the chicken chunks. Place in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
- Cut the peppers and zucchini into chunks. About 1-inch squares or at least the size of the chicken chunks. Try to keep the pieces the same size for even cooking.
- Place the chicken, peppers and zucchini onto the skewers. (Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes before use)
- Either place under the grill or on the BBQ and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning over to ensure even cooking, until the chicken is cooked and golden in colour. Baste with the remaining marinade to keep the kebabs moist.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.