A zucchini lasagna recipe that is easy to make and looks great too. Packed full of flavour, this low carb zucchini recipe will be one you want to make again and again.
Zucchini strips make a great low carb replacement for pasta and are often used flat in a lasagna recipe. In this easy zucchini lasagna recipe, the zucchini is sliced into thin strips with a cheesy filling and baked with a low carb marinara sauce.
This zucchini recipe makes one of the best replacements for pasta that I have baked to date. The thin zucchini strips, once baked work so well. We both found this dish very filling and even declined an additional portion which is almost unheard of! Infact, this zucchini lasagna roll up recipe is so good that I baked it again a couple of days later. Have you ever made a recipe and think to yourself “why on earth have I not made this before and is it possible to now eat only this for the next month?”
Easy Zucchini Recipe
The possibilities for various fillings for the zucchini roll ups are endless. I used cream cheese in place of the ricotta which held up well. You could use cooked ground chicken or beef or even some chopped vegetables. Perhaps a spinach and ricotta filling too?
This zucchini lasagna recipe can be made ahead of time or even frozen, then baked when you are ready. I loved this recipe so much that I might have to keep an emergency dish of this in the freezer. Let’s hope that there are zucchinis in the supermarket this weekend for me!
Other Lasagna Recipes to Enjoy
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce low carb
- 3/4 cup mozzarella grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Spoon the marinara sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise with either a vegetable peeler or a madoline cutter.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, salt & pepper thoroughly
- Place the zucchini strips on a board and take about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture and place at one end.
- Roll up the zucchini and repeat until all the strips are used.
- Place the zucchini rolls on top of the marinara sauce, facing up.
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella over the rolls and bake for 25-30 minutes