A keto zucchini bread with cheese & rosemary makes a delicious savoury bread that can be simply enjoyed sliced and slathered with butter. Made with almond flour this bread is also gluten free.
This is one of my first keto zucchini bread recipes but is still one of our favourite keto bread recipes, despite our tastes changing from recipe to recipe! Although the bread is dense, the zucchini keeps the bread moist when stored in the fridge. The rosemary goes well with the cheese and smells great baking, but rosemary always does!
How to make zucchini cheese bread
Making this could not be easier, you simply throw the ingredients into a bowl, mix and bake. Slice and eat. It's just that simple!
The ingredients used for this low carb zucchini bread recipe are:
- Zucchini - grated but not squeezed to remove moisture
- Almond Flour - Coconut flour could be used as a replacement. I'd use 1/2 cup and increase the eggs if the mixture looked too thick.
- Cheddar cheese - A good quality Cheddar is best. Cheaper ones can be a bit oily when baking.
- Eggs - 2 medium eggs
- Rosemary - Fresh rosemary is best for the aromatic smell when this bread is baking.
- Baking powder & salt - standard for any baked recipe
How to store zucchini cheese bread
I store this zucchini bread in the fridge and it kept happily for 3 days. As the zucchini bread cools, the cheese will help it firm up. I sliced it and fried it in the morning along with m eggs. It make a delicious savoury breakfast.
You could play around with this recipe and perhaps separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites and fold them into the mixture to make the bread a bit more lighter in texture. Maybe add another egg. I rather enjoyed the heavy texture but might play around with it myself again.
WATCH THE VIDEO
More keto zucchini recipes
Zucchini, Cheese & Rosemary Bread
- 1/2 cup Zucchini grated
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary, fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- In a bowl place the zucchini, cheese, almond flour, eggs, salt, baking powder and rosemary.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the water to thin out the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a 1lb bread tin, that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180C/350F degrees for 15 minutes then 160C/310F for 30 minutes or until middle of loaf springs back when lightly pushed.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin.
- Remove, slice, eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.