A low carb zucchini bread flavoured with cheese & rosemary makes a delicious savoury bread. Made with almond flour this bread is also gluten free.
This is one of my first zucchini bread recipes but is still one of our favourite bread recipes, despite our tastes changing from recipe to recipe! Although the bread is dense, the zucchini keeps the bread moist when stored in the fridge. The rosemary goes well with the cheese and smells great baking, but rosemary always does!
This zucchini bread was welcomed with approving munching sounds from the husband and disappeared so fast that I may have to bake another loaf tomorrow! This goes lovely with soup too.
Making this could not be easier, you simply throw the ingredients into a bowl, mix and bake. Slice and eat. It’s just that simple!
I store this zucchini bread in the fridge and it kept happily for 3 days. As the zucchini bread cools, the cheese will help it firm up. I sliced it and fried it in the morning along with m eggs. It make a delicious savoury breakfast.
You could play around with this recipe and perhaps separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites and fold them into the mixture to make the bread a bit more lighter in texture. Maybe add another egg. I rather enjoyed the heavy texture but might play around with it myself again.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Zucchini, Cheese & Rosemary Bread
- 1/2 cup Zucchini grated
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary, fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- In a bowl place the zucchini, cheese, almond flour, eggs, salt, baking powder and rosemary.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the water to thin out the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a 1lb bread tin, that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180C/350F degrees for 15 minutes then 160C/310F for 30 minutes or until middle of loaf springs back when lightly pushed.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin.
- Remove, slice, eat and enjoy!