A keto zucchini bread with cheese & rosemary makes a delicious savoury bread that can be simply enjoyed sliced and slathered with butter. Made with almond flour this bread is also gluten free.
This is one of my first keto zucchini bread recipes but is still one of our favourite keto bread recipes, despite our tastes changing from recipe to recipe! Although the bread is dense, the zucchini keeps the bread moist when stored in the fridge. The rosemary goes well with the cheese and smells great baking, but rosemary always does!
How to make zucchini cheese bread
Making this could not be easier, you simply throw the ingredients into a bowl, mix and bake. Slice and eat. It's just that simple!
The ingredients used for this low carb zucchini bread recipe are:
- Zucchini - grated but not squeezed to remove moisture
- Almond Flour - Coconut flour could be used as a replacement. I'd use ½ cup and increase the eggs if the mixture looked too thick.
- Cheddar cheese - A good quality Cheddar is best. Cheaper ones can be a bit oily when baking.
- Eggs - 2 medium eggs
- Rosemary - Fresh rosemary is best for the aromatic smell when this bread is baking.
- Baking powder & salt - standard for any baked recipe
How to store zucchini cheese bread
I store this zucchini bread in the fridge and it kept happily for 3 days. As the zucchini bread cools, the cheese will help it firm up. I sliced it and fried it in the morning along with m eggs. It make a delicious savoury breakfast.
You could play around with this recipe and perhaps separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites and fold them into the mixture to make the bread a bit more lighter in texture. Maybe add another egg. I rather enjoyed the heavy texture but might play around with it myself again.
If you want to bake a zucchini bread with coconut flour, try this zucchini pecan bread.
WATCH THE VIDEO
More keto zucchini recipes
Zucchini & Artichoke in Feta Sauce
Zucchini, Cheese & Rosemary Bread
- ½ cup Zucchini grated
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary, fresh chopped
- ¼ cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- In a bowl place the zucchini, cheese, almond flour, eggs, salt, baking powder and rosemary.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the water to thin out the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a 1lb bread tin, that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180C/350F degrees for 15 minutes then 160C/310F for 30 minutes or until middle of loaf springs back when lightly pushed.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin.
- Remove, slice, eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Anyone have any luck freezing this?
Easy to make and very tasty
This bread sounds delicious! I would like to try it as muffins. Do you have any thoughts about anything I should change for muffins?
The cooking time may need to be reduced but I think others have used this mixture as muffins with success.
This is a great recipie. I am working o my third loaf to share with friends. It toasts up well in the toaster Just love rosemary!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it
Hello! Could you use another type of cheese? Would Mozzarella cheese work?
I think it would work.
I used both, plus some chives and garlic. It just came out of the oven and it smells amazing!!
I can imagine the smell and am drooling over my keyboard!
Did you ever try other savory spices to add like onion powder or flakes?
No but that would be a delicious addition!
No but it would work!
This zucchini/cheese/rosemary bread is AAAAAAAMAZING !!! So moist no butter needed !
Hi, in your 'about me' you sound a bit like me, 3 cats, had 2 dogs, 5 chickens, love horses and all other animals and live in sunny South Australia 'cept it's winter and miserable at the moment. Can't wait to try your recipes.
Welcome Anne! I'd have more animals if I had the space and money! If it makes you feel any better, there seems to be a couple of rain clouds in the sky here today..hee hee! Happy baking!