Cauliflower egg salad is one of the best low carb alternatives to a potato salad recipe. Sometimes known as “fake potato salad” this is a great summer dish.
The dressing for this cauliflower egg salad can be played with to your own taste. Use the same dressing and flavours as your favourite potato salad and go wild with cauliflower instead! Feel free to add other chopped veggies to it too! For me, it’s the dill that lifts this salad to a dimension of “no, it’s my salad, I am not sharing”. Never mind serving this as a side salad, I could happily eat just a bowl of this.
Cauliflower Egg Salad
As with the other cauliflower egg salad, this tastes divine after a few hours or even the next day! The flavours need some time to develop and it is worth the wait. Although I used yellow pepper in this recipe, you could use red or green peppers if they are the only one’s to hand. The yellow for me goes well with the other colours of the cauliflower egg salad.
- 1s Cauliflower
- 2 Eggs Hard boiled
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper Finely chopped
- 3 Spring onions chopped
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise (home made is best)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons Dill chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
- Cook the cauliflower florets by steaming/microwave/boiling. Just make sure that they are not too soft but tender.
- Drain and put into a bowl.
- Chop the eggs and add to the cauliflower.
- Add the pepper, onion and dill.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and garlic together.
- Add to the cauliflower and mix well.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving (or even overnight).
- Eat and enjoy!