This broccoli blue cheese salad is a perfect low carb salad for BBQ's, picnics and gatherings. A delicious mix of crunchy vegetables, nuts and blue cheese in a mayonnaise dressing.
Sometimes the most simplest dishes are the most tasty. "This is delicious! Is there blue cheese in this?" was the first words uttered by the Chief Taster after munching this. It is now on his demand of regular salad dishes and probably the best way to get him to eat raw broccoli too! We might be raiding the leftovers later tonight as a snack.
How to make a broccoli blue cheese salad
I would probably eat cardboard if you smothered it with blue cheese too, so am not judging the Chief Taster. You could add bacon and red onion to this too as I think those flavours would really go well with the broccoli and blue cheese. Although I used almond flaked you could use chopped almonds. There was a special offer on almond flakes and my supermarket and that's why they appear here. A nut flavour balances this dish, so feel free to use another nut, but chop it finely.
Bring this salad dish along to your next "pot luck" or family picnic and watch it initially be looked upon with suspicion because of the raw broccoli, then devoured due to the blue cheese. Inevitably, there will be a drunken Uncle/Co-worker from accounts payable licking the bowl clean by the end of the day. A memory for the ages..! You will be taking an empty Tupperware dish home that day!
Broccoli & Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 head broccoli trimmed into florets
- 100 g blue cheese crumbled
- 2-3 tblspn mayonnaise home-made I hasten to add
- 1 cup cherry/small tomatoes about 20
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50 g almond flakes
- Slight mash the blue cheese with the lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Place the broccoli and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Add the blue cheese mixture and blend well.
- Fold in the almond flakes and season to taste.
- Cover and place in a fridge for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to combine.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes