A broccoli and tomato soup that is thick, creamy and delicious. The bright colour should perk your winter up too!
I wanted a dish that combined tomatoes and broccoli and together they are a great combination of antitoxidants and phytochemicals. So the easiest thing to do was to make a soup out of them!
The result with a thick tasty soup. This would be a good way to sneak broccoli into your loved one's diet. They will never know!
OTHER LOW CARB SOUPS TO SLURP!
Broccoli & Tomato Soup
- 1 head broccoli head, medium
- 1 small Small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic cloves peeled & chopped
- 1 400g Chopped tomatoes tinned
- 1 cup vegetable OR chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Blend with either a hand blender or food processor. Season to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!