This broccoli ranch salad is creamy, crunchy and cheesy. Everything a low carb salad should be! A nut free, gluten free and keto salad.
Broccoli salads are great for summer and a welcome addition to any gathering or pot luck. The flavour develops after chilling, so this is a good make ahead option too.
How to make broccoli ranch salad
This easy salad is made with just 4 ingredients and the ranch dressing. Another creamy low carb dressing could be used but I make my own ranch dressing. Once you go home made, there's no turning back!
What you need to make this recipe
- Broccoli - ensure it's fresh with a firm green head.
- Red onion - you could swap this for spring onions, but I like the slight sweetness of red onion. Plus it adds a dash of colour.
- Sunflower seeds - I used plain, but try roasted sunflower seeds for added flavour.
- Cheddar cheese - This must be a decent cheddar cheese with flavour. None of that rubbery yellow stuff masquerading as cheese please. Pepper Jack cheese is an alternative for a touch of heat in your salad.
- Ranch dressing -Making this is as easy as whisking mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream with fresh herbs, lemon juice and white vinegar.
Add bacon or chopped ham for a meatier salad.
If you don't use homemade ranch dressing, try a sugar free one from the store.
Try an avocado ranch dressing for extra creamy low carb fats!
Add sliced almond or chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
More low carb salad recipes to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Broccoli Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese grated/shredded
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons Ranch dressing sugar free
- Add the broccoli, cheese, sunflower seeds and onion to a medium bowl.
- Spoon the ranch dressing over and mix to coat the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (optional. I let the dressing season the salad but that's a personal preference).
- Chill until ready to serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.