This homemade keto blue cheese dressing is a quick and easy recipe that you will want to slather over everything, not just a salad!
A creamy blue cheese dressing is made with just a few ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to make by hand. Blitz it in a blender and it would take you 2 minutes!
Is blue cheese dressing keto?
Not all commercial and restaurant blue cheeses are keto friendly as they may have buttermilk or hidden oils and sugars in them. When you make your own salad dressings you know exactly what is in them too.
Carbs in blue cheese
Blue cheese has just 0.7g net carbs per 1oz (28g) serving. There are a few varieties of blue cheese that you could use in this dressing. Danish blue (0g net carbs, Dolcelatte (0g net carbs), Roquefort (0.6g net carbs) and Stilton (0g net carbs) all at a 1oz (28g serving).
How to make keto blue cheese dressing
This creamy cheesy dressing just has a few ingredients:
- Blue Cheese - I used normal blue cheese but you could use other varieties of blue cheese.
- Mayonnaise - home made is always best!
- Sour Cream - this helps with the cream texture and gives a subtle sharp taste that goes well with the blue cheese.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - You could substitute this with lemon juice.
- Garlic Powder - This can be optional and you could always add it last and taste test the dressing.
- Salt & Pepper - Always an essential seasoning.
Use this blue cheese dressing with these recipes
I enjoy dipping sticks of celery in this low carb blue cheese dressing and could happily feast on that all day. Whilst that is not really a recipe but a keto snack, try these keto recipes with this dressing.
Join the friendliest keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Crumble the blue cheese and add to a medium bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the blue cheese.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Stir well until combined.
- Store in a sealed container or jar in the fridge.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.