Enjoy the taste of a pizza with these keto bagels. Made with Fathead dough and oat fiber they are high in fiber as well as being low in carbs. Pizza for breakfast in bagel form makes a great start to the day.
When making Fathead dough, almond flour or coconut flour are normally used. For this keto bagels recipe I have used oat fiber instead. It's a great low carb flour and works very similiar to flour in this recipe.
What is oat fiber?
The only nutritional value of oat fiber is the fiber. It's purely the husk and is made from grinding the oat hull which surrounds the oat. The fiber is insoluable and the flour is a great substitute for wheat in low carb and gluten free baking. I prefer the white oat fiber from Lifesource.
How to make pizza bagels
When making bagels out of Fathead dough I normally roll the dough into a log and place them in a donut pan to keep the shape. For this recipe I kept the donut pan in the pantry and baked the bagels on a baking tray. To make the bagel shape I poked my finger into a dough ball. It kept the shape perfectly too!
If you do not have a bag of oat fiber, you could use almond flour or coconut flour instead.
You could make the bagel dough ahead of baking and store it in the fridge.
Toppings for these pizza bagels can be your favourite low carb pizza toppings.
Other low carb bagel recipes
Keto Pizza Bagels
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup oat fiber
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 medium egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup mozzarella
- 8 black olives sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- In a bowl add the mozzarella and cream cheese.
- Cook the mozzarella in the microwave for 2 minutes
- Remove and stir until the melted cheese is combined
- Add the egg, baking powder, salt, oregano and oat fiber and work the mixture thoroughly until you have a dough. If it’s too sticky, add more oat fiber.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll them into balls.
- Stick your finger into the center of the ball and make a hole for the bagel. Stretch the dough out a bit to ensure that the hole is defined.
- Place the bagels on a parchment paper lined baking tin
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool enough to handle.
- Slice the bagels in half.
- Spoon the Marinara sauce over the bagel halves, add the mozzarella cheese and top with the chopped olives (or topping of your choice).
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted (or place under the grill).
- Enjoy warm!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information