Cookies/ Gluten Free/ Low Carb/ Vegan/ Vegetarian

Pecan and Coconut Cookies (Flourless)

I have been having a cookie baking spree with various nut butters much to the delight of the Chief Taster.  These are number 2 on his list (the peanut butter ones win apparently).   I’ve found that you can make a delicious gluten free cookie with nut butters and pecan nuts make a great cookie.  With the addition of dried coconut the cookie is delightfully chewy too.  It must be dried coconut as I tried this again with fresh coconut and it did not yield a decent cookie.   I just love that these are so simple to make and tasty to eat too!  Soft and chewy as a cookie should be!  Feel free to play around with the flavourings too!  Some orange rind would be tasty.

You can leave out the egg to make them vegan and they still yield a nice moist cookie.

2 cups desiccated coconut

1 cup pecan nuts

1 cup erthyritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)

1 egg, beaten  (can leave out to make vegan cookies)

1 tspn vanilla

1 tspn cinnamon

1/2 tspn baking soda

• Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
  • Place the pecan nuts in a food processor and blitz until smooth.  You may need to occasionally scrape the sides whilst doing this.
  • Add the coconut and blitz until smooth.
  • Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
  • Take a tablespoon amount of the mixture in your hands and press into cookie shapes.
  • Place onto a greaseproof lined baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.

Makes 8-10 cookies

Nutrition: Per Cookie: 217 Calories; 21g Fat; 3g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carb

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Tumblr0Share on Yummly0Pin on Pinterest59

Shopping Savings

Sophia
    November 5, 2014 at 6:06 am

I need to know how much Carbs and Fat ?

November 14, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Hi Sophia, I’ve updated the nutritional content on the recipe.

lina
    August 15, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I love your recipes. They are so delicious and easy to make! I tried the cauliflower pizza, peanut butter chocolate cookies, pecan cookies…..so good!

August 16, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Thanks Lina! So glad you enjoy them as much as my Chief Taster! Thanks for popping by!

barneywinnie
    July 28, 2014 at 10:08 am

Hi Divalicious, I am having problems with this recipe – do the pecans have to processed until they reach the consistency of smooth peanut butter and the coconut too? Also 200 degrees C for 30 mins left mine burnt around the edges. What am I doing wrong? My chief taster wants me to have another go but I want to get it right this time! Thanks Nicky
    PS We are avid Divalicious fans and amongst many of your other recipes cannot praise your ‘bread’ rolls enough – perfect!

July 28, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Hi! I process them until they are smooth, like peanut butter. Perhaps turn your oven down to 180c? My oven is currently rubbish and I think I need to have it at a higher heat than is really needed. Awwh, so sweet of you am delighted you like the recipes!

Nicolette Richards
        July 29, 2014 at 3:42 am

Thank you – I will give them another go soon. Have you ever considered publishing a book? There is a lot more interest in the UK in low carb eating and indeed Annie Bell who has published numerous fabulous cookery books has just published a new low carb cookery book. I used Rose Elliott’s low carb vegetarian cookery book first of all but your recipes are a lot more adventurous, tasty and reliable plus my non-vegetarian husband enjoys them too (especially the bread rolls!). Put me down for a copy if you ever write one! Best wishes Nicky

July 29, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Hi Nicky! Awwwh, shucks and thanks for your kind words. I also love Rose Elliott!! Just wish she would do more books. Spookily enough, many years ago I used to work in publishing (in the finance department) so have a scary insight into how non-profitable books can be! If I ever do publish one, you are first on my list for a copy!! Am smiling away to myself, as your Chief Taster is the same as mine..(non-veggie but happy with a plate of veggies at times!). So glad you are enjoying the recipes and thanks for popping by xx

Manny Rutinel
    June 29, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Awesome post! I just followed you to stay updated on your future posts and I look forward to them. I just started my own vegan/political blog so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think!

Have a great day! πŸ˜€

July 2, 2014 at 8:39 am

Thanks! Will check out your blog too!

Manny Rutinel
        July 2, 2014 at 8:54 am

Thank you so much! I look forward to future interactions with you. Feel free to follow me on any social media site and I’ll gladly follow right back! πŸ™‚

Manny Rutinel
        July 2, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Thank you so much! I look forward to future interactions with you. Feel free to follow me on any social media site and I’ll gladly follow you right back! πŸ™‚

Manny Rutinel
        July 2, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Oops! I accidentally posted twice because it told me that it didn’t post (but it did) :/

derekthezenchef
    June 29, 2014 at 8:13 pm

They do look nice, and I love coconuts!

June 30, 2014 at 8:56 am

Thanks! Hope you enjoy them and thanks for popping by!