This chocolate pecan torte has no flour but still is a very light and moist cake. It is gluten free and the carbs are low too with the use of Pecan nuts.
Most nuts and seeds are relatively low in net carbs (total carbs less dietary fibre) and are a good source of nutition of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and phytochemicals. So, voila Diva’s! I do not use sugar either so the use of erythritol which is a natural sugar replacement keeps the nasty sugars and carbs down too! So Diva’s, we have a low carb, gluten free chocolate cake full of nutrition! Go on, have another piece, it’s good for you! You CAN have your cake and eat it! Woo hoo!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs, separated
1/4 cup granulated erythritol
1 cup pecans, finely ground
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the cocoa powder. Leave to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks until pale then add the erythritol.
- Add the cocoa mixture and the ground pecans. Mix well.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak. Gently fold in the cocoa mixture.
- Pour into a greased cake tin and bake for 18-22 minutes until the top is firm.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove.
- Decorate as required (cream and raspberries are my choice).
- Eat and enjoy!