This is a cannelloni dish using small, thin omlettes instead of pasta tubes. Pasta is one of the things we used to eat a lot of before our low carb days and this is a great subsitute. The filling here is spinach and cream cheese, but you could use fillings such as chicken, fish, cheese and onion, other veggies…the choice is yours.
Eat and enjoy!
- 750g Spinach (fresh or frozen. If using frozen, defrost before use)
- 125g cream cheese (you could use ricotta cheese instead)
- 75g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Nutmeg, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 tblspn water
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Cook the spinach until tender (if using fresh). Mix with the cream cheese, half the Parmesan cheese and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs with the water and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and pour in 1/4 cup of the egg mixture. This will make a small, thin omelette. Cook until firm and turn over to cook the over side. Remove and place to the side. Continue to do this until all of egg mixture is used.
- Spoon some of the spinach mixture onto an edge of an omelette and roll up. Place in a shallow gratin dish and repeat using all of the omelettes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!