This keto zucchni noodle, Feta cheese & thyme bake is also a gluten free dish that will become a family favourite. This zucchini noodles keto recipe is simple to make but is packed full of flavour.
Zucchini noodles are briefly stir fried to get water out of them before combining them with a cheesy herb sauce and baking them. The result is a delicious low carb side dish which I could happily enjoy as a main with a side salad.
Zucchini Noodle Recipe
I made this one night just throwing ingredients into a bowl, then baked it in the oven as I wanted a quick supper dish since "Line of Duty" was about to start and I did not want any distractions. For those in the UK, did you see it? I was yelling at the television as if it was a sports programme and think my heart rate has only now just settled down!
We loved this experimental dish, but had I written down the ingredients and quantities? Meh! No! I originally was using a zucchini pizza base recipe with a few tweaks so had to go back to the drawing board. Happily, it did not too long to get back to my original experimentation and I now have an assigned notebook in the kitchen for future cooking!
How to Cook Spiralised Zucchini Noodles
These zucchini noodles are pan fried so there is no real need to sprinkle them with salt to withdraw any excess liquid. The quick frying in a pan should do this for you!
You could make this with cream as an additional ingredient but due to the water content of the zucchini, I found that you don't really need it. But add some to the dish if you want to make it extra creamy. Or perhaps some cream cheese? This served 2 as a main dish alone, but it could stretch to 4 if you had a side salad or two.
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI NOODLE FETA BAKE
OTHER LOW CARB ZUCCHINI RECIPES TO LOVE
Zucchini Noodle, Feta & Thyme Bake
- 2 zucchinis medium
- 1 onion peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlice peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme fresh is preferable
- 1 egg medium
- ½ cup Feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Spiralzer or grate the zucchini, place them in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 10 minutes for the moisture to be drawn out.
- Gently wash the noodles and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the zucchini noodles and cook for a further 4 minutes until slightly soft.
- Place the zucchini and onion mixture into a bowl, add the egg, cheeses and thyme. Mix well and season.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden on top.
[…] Zucchini Noodle Bake […]