An avocado salad mixed with strawberries and Halloumi cheese is an easy salad to make and full of flavour.
This avocado salad has three of my favourite summer ingredients together bringing together different tastes and textures. The creaminess of the avocado contrasts against the firmness of the halloumi cheese and the sweetness of the strawberries goes with the saltiness of the halloumi.
I have made this avocado salad a few times and each time changed the salad leaves. Although I enjoyed them all I settled on sharing with arugula but use what every salad leaves you enjoy. Spinach would be a good choice.
This is a salad I will make again as soon as I see all three ingredients in our supermarkets at the same time. At the moment I can only find Halloumi so I’ll make something else with that. When local avocado season hits the island we will be overflowing with massive avocados. Enough to make this salad AND a side of guacamole.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Avocado Strawberry Salad
- 1 Avocado
- 7.05 oz Halloumi cheese
- 6 Strawberries
- 2 cups (40g) Arugula or other salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh mint chopped
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Cut the halloumi into cubes and gently fry in the oil, turning over to ensure that all sides are golden. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado and strawberries into chunks.
- Mix the dressing.
- In a bowl place the arugula (or other salad leaves) and then scatter the Halloumi, strawberries and avocado over the leaves.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat all ingredients in the dressing.
- Eat immediately.