Stuffed jalapeno peppers are filled with cream cheese and baked with a topping of melted cheese. A delicious combination of spicy and creamy.
These are just so morish and everytime I make them I wish I had made more. Quick to make, quick to eat. I use cream cheese and Montery Jack cheese but you could use other cheeses and spices. These are a great snack or starter. I might have to nip out and buy a kg of jalapenos as I have a yearning for them now...
Stuffed jalapenos are a great low carb appetiser or snack. It's as simple as filling them with cream cheese and topping them with a cheese that will melt and crisp. I have used Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese but any cheese that melts well in the oven will do.
- 10 Jalapeno Peppers halved lengthwise stems, seeds and membranes removed
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 oz Montery Jack cheese or cheese of your choice
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix the cream cheese, garlic and onion powder together.
- Spread the cheese mixture into the jalapenos.
- Cut the Montery Jack cheese into slices and place on top of the jalapenos.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the top of the cheese is golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply