Enjoy a spicy appetiser with these jalapeno popper stuffed mushrooms. A great appetiser for parties, holidays or an everyday snack.
Mushrooms are filled with cream cheese and jalapeno poppers, baked and devoured! These stuffed mushrooms are easy to make and can be made ahead too. Just pop them in the oven to bake when you are ready to eat.
Can they be re-heated? I have no answer for you and could only guess as a “maybe” as I devoured the whole batch once I tasted one. It’s an appetizer you will go back for. If I was at a party and these tasty morsels came out, I would be guarding the tray like a lioness and her cubs.
WHAT MUSHROOMS ARE USED FOR STUFFING?
There are many types of mushrooms but if you want to make stuffed mushrooms, button mushrooms are preferable. Once the stalk has been removed there is a perfect space for any stuffing mixture.
If you wanted to turn a stuffed mushroom from an appetiser to a main dish, then use a Portabello mushroom. This is a larger mushroom and you need to also remove the stalk before stuffing them.
TIPS FOR MAKING JALAPENO POPPER STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Mushrooms will omit water when baked so they will need a dap with kitchen towel once they are baked.
- These stuffed mushrooms can be made ahead. Just follow the instructions in the recipe card and keep in the fridge to bake later.
- Make sure the cream cheese is slightly softened as it will be easier to fill the mushrooms
- Feel free to add chopped cooked bacon to the stuffing mixture.
- Let the stuffed mushrooms cool down before eating them to prevent you burning the roof of your mouth as you bite into hot cream cheese!
MORE MAKE AHEAD LOW CARB APPETISERS
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 button mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 oz Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 jalapeno peppers de-seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Gently clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, half the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Ensure the mixture is soft enough to fill the mushrooms
- Using a teaspoon fill the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated Cheddar cheese over the top of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 200C/400F degrees.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before eating.
- Garnish with chives or chopped bacon