These keto zucchini muffins are great for a savoury breakfast or even a snack on the go. Baked with zucchini, cheese and coconut flour that are a tasty low carb and gluten free savoury muffin.
A low carb savoury muffin is a great alternative to a sweet muffin and is only 3g net carbs. Zucchini is often used for savoury chocolate low carb muffins, but here it is used to make a moist cheesy muffin. The coconut flour gives it a high fibre content and should keep you full.
I've been baking this recipe since 2011 when we lived in Dubai and used to sell them in a Farmers market. I was initially trying to bake a savoury muffin and had a complete disaster with almond flour. After 2 disasters, I tried coconut flour. It worked well, especially as it helped soak up the moisture from the zucchini. Delicious, moist and also high in fibre thanks to the coconut flour.
Keto Cheese and Zucchini Muffins Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of zucchini, grated
- 4 cup of Butter, melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup of Cheddar Cheese, for the topping
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh is better)
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
How to Make Keto Cheese & Zucchini Muffins
This is an easy keto savoury muffin to make with nothing complicated. It's just a matter of mixing the ingredients in a bowl, checking the texture and adding any additional water if the mixture is too dry. Different brands of coconut flour can vary so more moisture may be required. The size of eggs can make a difference too. I use medium sized but my regional medium may be different to yours.
The zucchini helps to keep it moist and ensures that the eggs used are less than usually used with coconut flour. Coconut flour acts like a sponge and needs a lot of moisture. It's not too egy and has a slight pizza taste to it which is probably due to the mixture of the herbs and the cheese. There is another zucchini muffin recipe that takes on the full pizza taste which is listed below if you want to try it.
WATCH THE RECIPE
Keto Zucchini Cheese Muffin
When I first baked this low carb muffins, I was so happy with them that I used to sell them at a Dubai Farmer's market. Although it as a lot of work the night before it was fun selling them and meeting people. My stall was a gluten free one, as back then, the website was known as Divalicious in Dubai. Obviously moving meant a name change!
More Savoury Muffins to Bake
Keto Zucchini Cheese Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini grated
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, butter and water.
- Add the coconut flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Add in the zucchini, thyme and oregano.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and blend.
- Put the mixture into muffin cups and sprinkle the grated Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden on top and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.