These fun Santa hat cupcakes are a delicious low carb treat for Christmas. Chocolate coconut flour cupcakes are topped with a cream cheese frosting and strawberries for a fun festive treat.
These cupcakes are not only delicious but also serve as a fun and creative way to celebrate the holiday season, making them a favorite among both kids and adults alike. They capture the essence of Christmas and add a touch of whimsy to any holiday dessert spread.
Decorating them is easy and something you could enjoy doing with the children too. A fun Christmas cupcake to make together.
Carbs in Strawberries
Strawberries make the perfect Santa hat decoration and best of all they are a low carb berry. One medium-sized strawberry (about 7-8 grams): Contains about 1-2 grams of carbohydrates.
We used a chocolate coconut flour cupcake recipe and then topped them with strawberries and cream.
- Coconut flour - brands may vary in absorbency so you may need to add an extra egg or coconut milk if the cupcake mixture looks too thick before baking.
- Butter - this can be replaced with coconut oil for a dairy free cupcake.
- Cocoa powder - unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Eggs - Coconut flour recipes often require more eggs than traditional flour recipes to provide moisture and structure. Eggs also help with binding and leavening.
- Coconut milk - we used tinned coconut milk.
- Low Carb Sweetener - allulose or monk fruit is our sweetener of choice, but any other low carb sweetener should work.
- Strawberries - fresh strawberries make the Santa hat.
How to Make Low Carb Santa Hat Cupcakes
This is an easy low carb cupcake recipe to make and decorating them is simple too.
Mix the chocolate cupcake batter.
Spoon into cupcake cases and bake.
Pipe cream around the edges.
Top with a large strawberry.
Place the cupcakes in an airtight container but don't squash them together. Store in the fridge for at least 3 days.
Use an almond flour cupcake recipe if you don't like coconut flour chocolate cupcakes.
Change the cupcake flavor to vanilla, peppermint or red velvet.
If you don't have strawberries to hand, color firm buttercream frosting with red coloring and pipe the red frosting into a hat shape.
Santa Hat Cupcakes
- 10 large strawberries
- ½ cup whipping cream
Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F degrees and line 10 cupcake holders with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter and low carb sweetener until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut milk, baking powder and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the cupcake mixture into the cupcake liners evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Decorate the Cupcakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream until firm.
- Place the cream into a piping bag with your preferred large piping tip and pipe a border around the edge of the cupcake.
- Slice the top off the strawberries and place upside down on top of the cupcake.
- Pipe a small round dollop of white cream at the tip of the strawberry to represent the pom-pom on Santa's hat.
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.