This zucchini lemon soup is light and refreshing, yet creamy. It’s a soup perfect for summer. Or on those days when you want to be reminded of a summers day
I normally use onions as a base to my soup but have cut them out for this to keep the carbs nice an low. Making soup is a great way to use up all of those left over summer zucchini’s (courgettes). The lemon goes so well with this and the texture of the soup is just right (well for my tastes). Simple to make and delicious to eat – huzzah!
The soup is just pure zucchini and lemon…simple to make but just delicious to eat. This is going to be a regular one for me and will find it’s way into my lunch box (well soup container) once a week.
500g zucchini (courgette)
2 tblspn olive oil
zest and juice of one lemon
300ml vegetable stock
1/2 tspn dried thyme
1/2 tspn white pepper
1/4 tspn salt
- Chop the zucchini (courgette) into small chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and gently cook the zucchini (courgette) for 10 minutes until soft and slightly golden.
- Add the stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend with an hand blender or in a food processor.
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!