This keto zucchini soup is light and refreshing, yet creamy. It's a soup perfect for summer with a great flavour kick of lemon.
I normally use onions as a base to my soup but have not used them in this recipe to keep the carbs nice and low. Making soup is a great way to use up all of those left over summer zucchini's too. The lemon goes so well with this and the texture of the soup is just right (well for my tastes). Simple to make and delicious to eat - huzzah!
Making keto zucchini soup
For the soup stock you can use either chicken or vegetable. If you are reaching for a stock cube read the ingredients to check that there are no hidden sugars.
Adjust to taste for the lemon. I've made a batch before and the lemon seemed extra tart. I added a tablespoon of erythritol to balance this.
Other low carb soups to slurp!
Zucchini Lemon Soup
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 2 cups vegetable OR chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried or fresh
- ½ teaspoon white pepper or black
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Chop the zucchini into small chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and gently cook the zucchini for 10 minutes until soft and slightly golden.
- Add the stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.