Roasted pumpkin & broccoli are served with feta, chili flakes and pumpkin seeds for a delicious side dish. Colourful and tasty, this is a great dish for Fall.
The saltiness of the feta combined with the sweetness of the pumpkin with the uplift of the chilli is simply divine. Add roasted broccoli and you have a colourful, vibrant side dish for Fall.
How to make roasted pumpkin broccoli
This is an easy colourful dish that you will want to make again and again. Pumpkin is peeled and cut into about 1 inch chunks. Roasting the pumpkin enhances it's slightly sweet taste.
To balance the sweetness, broccoli florets are roasted with the pumpkins. The red chili flakes are a great addition to this dish. It's a flavour combination you need to try!
- Pumpkin - For roasting Cinderella pumpkins are a good choice.
- Broccoli - Choose firm and green broccoli with no yellow or brown on the heads.
- Feta cheese - Use a block of Feta or ready crumbled.
- Garlic - Increase the quantity for a stronger garlic flavour.
- Red chili flakes - Gives the dish a great flavour
- Lemon - Lemon juice is great against the sweetness of the pumpkin.
- Olive oil - Avocado oil could be used instead.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
If you don't like your food spicy, omit the red chili flakes.
The Feta cheese could be substituted with goats cheese for a richer flavour.
Add sunflower seeds for extra crunch or toasted pecans.
Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days and can either be reheated or served cold as a salad.
More low carb side dishes to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This recipe was originally posted in January 2014. The photos and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Roasted Pumpkin & Broccoli with Feta
- 3 cups pumpkin peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups broccoli trimmed and cut into florets
- 8 oz feta cheese cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon red chili flakes can be optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Toss the pumpkin chunks in half of the olive oil and add the red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Place in a roasting tin and cook for 45 mins (the broccoli will be added during this time).
- Toss the broccoli in the remaining olive oil, add the lemon juice and garlic.
- Add the broccoli florets to the roasting tin with the pumpkin after 25 mins of cooking.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, and add the feta cheese.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the roasted vegetables.
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.