This pumpkin grain free bread is light, moist and delicious. I adore this lightly toasted and slavered with cream cheese.
It had a slight warm spicy taste to it and reminds me of a West Indian Bun bread we used to buy in London. You can make the pumpkin puree yourself or cheat and use unsweetened canned puree.
This passed the Chief Taster test with flying colours and I will be baking this a lot from now….a lot…!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 erythritol ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F degrees
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin, eggs, coconut milk, erythritol, vanilla, spices and salt.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and whisk until lump-free.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan. Smooth out with a spatula until even.
- Bake the loaf for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a rack for 1 hour.