This pumpkin cake baked with almond flour yields a very moist cake. You can spread this with butter and even toast it if you fancy. I love the bright colour of it too.
I find that pumpkin gives a dish a natural sweetness and the lovely bright orange colour too. Feel free to go crazy with adding more spices, as although pumpkin is sweet and moist, it does not have a very strong taste. So don’t feel too cautious about measuring out the spices.
As well as the flavour, the next great thing about this pumpkin cake is the low carbs it has. Only 3g net carbs a slice!
Feel free to take this basic pumpkin cake recipe and add nuts and spices to it. Perhaps a delicious cream cheese topping too. Either way, bake, eat and enjoy this delicious low carb pumpkin cake.
- 1 cup Pumpkin canned, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or other low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essences
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300 F degrees.
- Grease a 8×4′ inch loaf pan well.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin, erthyritol, baking powder, vanilla, salt and spices.`
- Beat in the eggs and then add the almond flour.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy!