This is a lovely moist, yet firm marble cake with an added taste of orange to it, since I love the combination of chocolate and orange. Almond flour is great to make cakes with…keeping it gluten free and low in carbs. To give the chocolate cake part of this cake an added kick, I melted some chocolate into the cake batter…
1 cup butter
1 cup erythritol
2 cups almond flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
30g chocolate, melted
zest of one orange
1 tblspn juice of orange
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees. Grease a loaf tin with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Mix the erythritol and butter in a food processor until soft.
- Add the eggs and blend well.
- Add the almond flour, vanilla essence, baking powder, salt, orange zest and juice and mix throughly.
- Take half of the cake batter out and put into a bowl. Add the cocoa powder and blend well. Then add the melted chocolate and mix.
- Spoon dollops of the cake batter into the tin, sitting the chocolate and vanilla batter side by side and on top of each other.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until firm.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!