A moist and delicious pound cake with lemon and blackberry.
I had some blackberries and sour cream left over in the fridge and thought that I could either (a) Eat them together in a bowl (b) Make a cake. The Chief Taster’s choice won, so I decided that I would try a pound cake out of coconut flour and added some lemon to give the cake a bit more flavour. It was delicious, moist and tasty. You do not need a large piece (well, perhaps, depending upon how hungry you are!) as it is very filling.
The taste combination of blackberries and lemon complemented each other nicely. Worth trying in muffin form too I think!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 8 eggs
- grated rind and juice of two lemons
- 2 tblspn vanilla essense
- 2 tspn baking power
- 1 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl, and then add the melted butter, sour cream, rind and juice of the lemons and the vanilla essence. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly. Add the blackberries and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Breakdown: (Per Slice - I've assumed 8 slices). Calories 223, Total Carbs 11g, 5g Fibre,Net Carbs 6g, Protein 8g
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!