A low carb and gluten free lemon almond cake that only has four ingredients. The lemon is boiled first, giving a delightful aroma in the kitchen. A moist and tasty flourless lemon cake.
This moist lemon almond cake recipe is as simple as you can get with cake recipes. Not only does it smell divine straight out of the oven, it had a delicious lemon flavour that is not too sour but is a soft cake. It is an easy cake to make too which is always a bonus too!
Not only is this flourless lemon almond cake low carb and gluten free, it is also dairy free. The boiled and pureed lemon is used in place of butter. The cake is creamy and rich enough that you would never know that no butter has been involved in making this cake. If you are looking for a dairy free chocolate pudding then whip up a batch of this paleo & keto chocolate pudding.
How to Make a Lemon Almond Cake
LEMON ALMOND CAKE RECIPE NOTES:
- The lemons must be unwaxed as they are going to be boiled and used whole. Organic is preferable if you can get them.
- Remove the pips before blending the lemons. They do not blend well!
- Taste the cake mixture for sweetness before spooning the mixture into the cake tin and adjust accordingly.
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MAY ENJOY:
Lemon Almond Cake
- 2 lemons unwaxed
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup erythritol
- 2 cups almond flour
- Wash the lemons, put them in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Leave to cook gently for about 45 minutes. Leave to cool. Drain the lemons and cut them into pieces to remove any pips. Put the lemons into a food processor and whizz to a puree.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F degrees.
- Line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- Whisk the eggs and erythritol together for about 5 minutes until they are very pale and thick.
- Whisk in the lemon puree, then fold in the ground almonds.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. If it gets too brown, cover lightly with a piece of parchment paper.
- Cool the cake in the tin, then turn over carefully and remove the paper.
- Eat and enjoy!