Chocolate goes well with the flavour of orange (well, in my opinion, my grandfather thought it was an abomination against the taste buds) so thought I would put these two flavours together in cupcake form. I've used coconut flour as I am having lots of fun baking with this at the moment.
I must confess that the chocolate chips sunk to the bottom a bit but there were not any complaints about this in the household. I probably over folded them into the mixture. The smell of these baking is divine. That wonderful scent of orange was better than any air freshener.
They were very moist and kept well for the next day. I stored them in the fridge overnight. So we had them for breakfast. They would be delicious with a chocolate topping, but I wanted to keep the carbs down. Feel free to slather yours with chocolate!
Orange & Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup 28g coconut flour
- 1/4 cup 56g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup 28g erythritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Juice and rind of one orange
- 2 tblspns coconut milk
- 1/4 cup 56g chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Blend together the butter, eggs, erythritol. coconut milk, orange juice and rind.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder and salt, and whisk until there are no lumps and there is a smooth batter. Add a tablespoon of water if the mixture is a bit too stiff.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into cupcake cups or a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and allow to cool.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!