Rosewater cupcakes make this almond flour recipe smell and taste delightful. Gluten free and low carb elegance!
Rosewater has a lovely intense fragrance and makes these cupcakes feel as if they should be served at a summer’s tea party. The rosewater has a strong flavour, so don’t go too crazy. Rosewater is a flavour associated with the Middle East but also Great Britain. Don’t get the British started on their roses or their lawns. You may be there a while….
I added the pistachio nuts as a topping as they go lovely with the rose flavour. I slathered them with a rose butter cream which probably overpowered them so you may want to keep this vanilla if you won’t want a rose overkill. The chief taster did not like these as he does not like the flavour of rose. His loss, and more for me..! I think that they were probably too “girly” for him…I should make a more manly batch of cupcakes…whatever that maybe…big, butch muffins with chunks of chocolate and nuts perhaps?
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1-2 tablespoons rose water
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon rose water essence
- 2-3 drops red food colouring/raspberry juice for pink colouring
- 1 oz pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, erythritol and rosewater.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake cases in a muffin/cupcake tin.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes until firm.
- Whilst the cakes are cooling make the butter cream topping
- Blend the butter and erythritol in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the coconut milk a tablespoon at a time.
- Add the food colouring and rosewater and blend until smooth.
- Smother (or pipe if you are neater) the butter cream over the top of the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the pistachio nuts over the butter cream.
- Eat and enjoy!
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $9.95
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes