At only 3g net carbs each these soft keto hot dog buns are perfect for a BBQ or cookout. Made with coconut flour and oat fiber these hot dog buns are also gluten free.
Cheese free but high in fiber these keto hot dog buns are very filling. Not just for splitting in half and filling with a sausage you could use these as sub sandwiches too.
How to make keto hot dog buns
This is an easy low carb bread recipe that you could double the quantities and bake in a bread loaf tin too.
It's as simple as mixing the wet ingredients until smooth, then add the dry, shape and bake!
Add the hot water at the end half at a time. Different brands of coconut flour and psyllium husk powder can yield different results and may not need as much water. Add the water until you have a pliable dough.
To make the rolls extra light, sift all the dry ingedients before using them.
Make sure the oat fiber is the white one as some brands are more golden and have a stronger flavour.
For a wholemeal texture add a couple of tablespoons of flaxseed meal.
More low carb bun recipes
Keto Hot Dog Buns
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whip the Greek yogurt and eggs until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until you have a lumpy dough.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix.
- Pour the warm water in ¼ cup at a time and mix into a dough. You might not need all of the water so need to add it gradually.
- Cut the dough into 4 even pieces.
- With damp hands roll each dough piece into long rolls.
- Place the rolls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden and firm.
- To Serve: Gently slice about ¾ in half and fill with sausage, sauces and toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information