Easy BBQ chicken burgers are a quick recipe to make and are full of flavor. They are made with a low carb BBQ sauce and shredded Cheddar cheese for a juicy chicken burger.
You can be quickly ready for a BBQ with this simple juicy chicken burger recipe. Even better is that the recipe is carb and gluten free. With only 3 ingredients, BBQ chicken burger making cannot be simpler.
This is a healthy chicken burger recipe using my low carb smoky & spicy BBQ sauce, but you could use your own recipe. Or if you have a bottle of sugar free BBQ sauce to hand use that too! I’m currently obsessed with this BBQ sauce and as well as slathering it over everything, have been playing around with it in a recipe. The Chief Taster seems to be having a weekly meal involving BBQ and usually chicken. I’ve restrained myself of stirring into his breakfast eggs, but that day can’t be far away.
I made these BBQ chicken burgers in the food processor, but you could make them by hand. I used the food processor simply because I wanted the cheese to be blended well. For cooking them I have fried them, but they could happily be made on the BBQ grill or grilled. Or even smoked. That would take longer but would be an incredible flavor combination. Form your burgers and cook them how you like them.
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE BBQ CHICKEN BURGER
If you cannot find ground chicken, then you can easily make your own. It can be cheaper, and you also know exactly what has gone into the chicken. I have a deep mistrust of ground meat as to what part has been sneaked into when grinding.
Use chicken breast and/or thighs with the meat cut into chunks and place in the food processor. Blitz until you have ground chicken. As well as using the ground chicken for burgers you could use them for tasty meatballs too!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BBQ CHICKEN BURGERS?
OTHER CHICKEN BURGERS TO TRY:
BBQ Chicken Burger
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce low carb & sugar free (see separate recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- Place the chicken, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce in a food processor. Pulse until blended.
- Alternatively place all the ingredients in a bowl and work together with your hands.
- Form patties and set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the chicken burgers in the pan and cook for about 7 minutes per side, until both sides are golden, and the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time with vary with thickness of burger.
- Serve with keto burger buns and coleslaw.