These goats cheese bites are slices of goats cheese rolled in chopped walnuts and then baked for a crunchy creamy low carb appetizer or light lunch.
This is a dish for lovers of cheese and nuts. The crunchy coating is a great balance to the creamy sharp goats cheese.
How to make goats cheese bites
This is a simple recipe that looks great when served. The best thing about this recipe is that you only need a few ingredients. Walnuts and goats cheese are all you need. Add some flavourings or fresh herbs and you have a delicious keto appetizer!
Carbs in Goats Cheese
Cheese is a great low carb food but the carbs in cheeses can vary if you are strictly counting carbs. Goats cheese is just 0.2g net carbs per 1oz (28g) serving making it a great low carb choice.
I've kept the flavourings simple as I wanted to enjoy the flavours of the goats cheese with the walnuts but have a play with your favourite herbs or spices!
A larger goats cheese log could be used. Just increase the amount of nuts to cover the slices.
The goats cheese could be rolled into balls instead of slices.
The walnuts could be substituted with almonds or hazelnuts.
More low carb appetizers
Walnut Goats Cheese Bites
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz goats cheese log
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Process the walnuts in a food processor until you have small breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Cut the goats cheese log into even discs (about 2 cm width).
- Roll the goats cheese discs in the chopped walnuts, patting the nuts onto the cheese to cover evenly.
- Place the goats cheese discs onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with low carb crackers.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.