These easy low carb waffles are made with low carb flours and flavoured with chopped pecans, cinnamon and vanilla. A delicious gluten free weekend breakfast too.
Waffles with a crunch, the pecans are lightly toasted in the waffle iron giving these low carb waffles a delicious flavour and smell.
The best thing about a waffle is the small squares that hold the sugar free syrup! The waffles are very filling too and now firmly on our weekend breakfast menu.
How to make low carb waffles
This is such a simple recipe as the batter is made in a food blender.
What You Need
- Almond Flour - Gives the waffle a firm texture
- Coconut Flour - Adds extra fibre to the waffles.
- Eggs - Medium size
- Almond Milk - You could use coconut milk but use the one out of a carton. Tinned coconut milk would be too thick.
- Butter - unsalted
- Brown low carb sweetener - Other low carb sweetener could be used. I like the extra flavour the brown sweetener gives.
- Cinnamon - The warm spices goes well with the pecans. You could use pumpkin pie spice mix instead.
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
Replace the cinnamon with grated lemon zest and juice for a different flavour.
The pecans can be replaced with walnuts.
The waffles can be made ahead, kept in a container in the fridge and heated when ready to devour!
Low Carb Breakfasts to Try
Low Carb Pecan Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium-high and give it a light spray with oil.
- Place all of the ingredients except the chopped pans in a blender. Pulse until the batter is smooth.
- Pour enough of the waffle mixture into the waffle maker to cover the base and sprinkle a handful of the chopped pecans over the mixture. Spoon more mixture to cover the pecans and cook each waffle until firm and golden.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Serve with sugar free syrup, whipped cream and pecans.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.